‘Developing cognitive skills could be the equivalent of weight-lifting in the 1980’s.”
Decision-Making is something often overlooked with the traditional method of training basketball players in isolation and then expecting the teaching to transfer to the game context.
With the Elite Decision-Making Camp, we aim to improve the cognitive abilities of players across an intense four day period. Players will participate in an array of small-sided games, with numerous 2v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v3 and 4v4 scenarios used to develop an understanding of conceptual play. Additionally, reflective video study is used as a key technique to further explore and develop the athletes’ cognitive skills.
Players will experience:
- Perception-Action Coupling in all activities and games
- Playing with, and keeping, small advantages
- Converting small advantages into big advantages
- Using actions to create advantages from a neutral situation
- The process of committing to and reviewing a decision
Dates & Hours
Monday 28/10 to Thursday 31/10.
Morning Group for U14: 9:00 - 12:00
Afternoon Group for U16/U18 players: 13:00 - 16:00
Players need to have a minimum of 3 years basketball experience to participate.
What you get
Every players receives:
- 3hrs of training every day
- Elite Athletes Camp t-shirt
- 10% discount on all items of our EA Gear shop in the Facility
In case of cancellation of your participation we provide the following refunds, and this because of the costs we have already made:
- more than 30 days before camp: 100%
- more than 14 days but less than 30 days before camp: 50%
- less than 7 days before camp: 0%